The purpose of the Multiple Choice, Single Answer section of the Pearson Test of English (Academic) is to assess your ability to comprehend academic vocabulary, follow a sequence of information, and answer questions accordingly. The Multiple Choice, Single Answer section falls under the Listening component of the PTE Academic examination.
Based on the recording being played as a prompt, the PTE exam taker will have to select the best single answer to the question out of the multiple choices.
Interested in coaching and assistance with your preparation for the PTE? Give us a call on 02 8628 7293, fill out our contact form or come into one of our offices!
- The first thing that you have to do is to read the question.
Quickly read through the question in the 5 seconds given to you before the audio clip begins to get a possible idea of what you might need to extract from the audio clip.
- The audio clip provided to you in this section is around 30-60 seconds long. Listen to the audio clip carefully and approach it calmly.
Out of the multiple answers listed, choose the correct or the most correct or suitable answer.
- Use the left-click of your mouse to select the checkbox against the right answer and it will immediately turn a yellow colour.
You may change your answer again by clicking on another answer or by re-clicking on the same and clicking a new one.
- The best practice to approach this section is by focusing on the primary keywords. By listening to the audio with the right approach, you will be able to get a sense of where your answers lie. This trick will help you focus on the cream answers quickly and will end up saving a lot of time.
- Check your answer and click Submit/Next.
- Wrong answer or no answer will earn you no score. Don’t spend too long on one question.
If you can’t work it out quickly, don’t forget you need to leave time for the other questions, so just choose option “C” and click the next button as soon as possible.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate the given prompt well in order to fetch scores under your listening section.
- Approach the academic audio text very carefully and calmly.
Let us help you with the Multiple Choice, Single Answer section of the PTE Listening exam! Give us a call on 02 8628 7293, fill out our contact form or come into one of our offices to find out more about our classes and exam preparation programs!