Book your trial class and scorecard assessment now
PTE Listening: Multiple Choice, Single Answer
About The PTE Listening: Multiple Choice, Single Answer Section
The purpose of the Multiple Choice, Single Answer section of the Pearson Test of English (Academic) is to assess your ability to comprehend academic vocabulary, follow a sequence of information, and answer questions accordingly. The Multiple Choice, Single Answer section falls under the Listening component of the PTE Academic examination.
Based on the recording being played as a prompt, the PTE exam taker will have to select the best single answer to the question out of the multiple choices.
Interested in coaching and assistance with your preparation for the PTE? Give us a call on 02 8628 7293, fill out our contact form or come into one of our offices!
How To Attempt The PTE Listening: Multiple Choice, Single Answer Section?
- Focus on listening to the entire audio clip.
- Read the available summary options shown to you on your screen.
- You must click the left button on your mouse to select the desired answer which must be the most suitable summary based on the audio clip.
- You may re-select or deselect your answer if you change your mind after selecting but before submitting using the same left click.
- The selected option gets highlighted in the colour Yellow.
- Click submit to finish the sub-section.
Things To Keep In Mind For The PTE Listening: Multiple Choice, Single Answer Section
- Wrong answer or no answer will earn you no score. Don’t spend too long on one question.
If you can’t work it out quickly, don’t forget you need to leave time for the other questions, so just choose option “C” and click the next button as soon as possible.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate the given prompt well in order to fetch scores under your listening section.
- Approach the academic audio text very carefully and calmly.
Let us help you with the Multiple Choice, Single Answer section of the PTE Listening exam! Give us a call on 02 8628 7293, fill out our contact form or come into one of our offices to find out more about our classes and exam preparation programs!