Are you planning to live or migrate to Australia? If you want to live in the world’s smallest continent, make sure that you have everything you need for your Australian Visa application. The long list of Permanent Visa requirements include an English language test like the PTE Academic Test to prove that you have a competent level of proficiency in the said language.
The PTE Exam is not just for your Australian Permanent Visa, but you can also use it to get accepted to universities and apply for work in state government departments. Booking a PTE Academic Exam is a quick process. But if you need help on how to book or reschedule your PTE Test online, we will give you a step by step guide on how to do it.
How to Book a PTE Exam
Choosing a schedule is part of the preparation required for the PTE Academic Exam. You should select a testing date and location convenient for you to ensure that you can take the test. Booking a PTE Test is simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to www.pearsonpte.com.
- Click “Book a Test”, which will open a prompt that says, “Check test availability & book.” Once you click that, it open to another page for booking,
- You will see the “Find an Appointment” page. The first thing that you need to do is enter your location. The website will then search for available schedules in the location near you.
- Once you find a test centre, time and date that is perfect for you, click “Book.” You will be redirected to a page that shows your exam schedule details. Review this, then “Sign in or Create Full Profile.”
- Now create your account or log in. Fill out all the needed details.
- Pay for the exam fees.
In Australia, testing schedules are available in different testing centres in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Victoria, and many other locations. You can see all available locations when you go to the Find Appointment page for the PTE Academic Exams.
Apart from booking and rescheduling online, you can also call pearsonpte.com/contact or chat with their customer service at home.pearsonvue.com/pte/contact.
How to Reschedule PTE Slot Online
Despite your confidence that you will be able to take your examination on the schedule you chose, there may be instances when unforeseen events prevent you from taking it. But you don’t have to worry because you can still take the exam and reschedule your PTE Test online. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit www.pearsonpte.com and log in by entering your username and password.
- After login, you will see your scheduled test. Just beside it, click the option to reschedule.
- Choose your new date, time, and test centre location.
- Review your new exam schedule and confirm the rescheduled information.
- Pay the fees, if any.
After paying, you will get an email showing your rescheduled date. The rescheduling fee varies depending on your chosen schedule. It is free if you reschedule up to 14 full calendar days before your test date. If it is less than 14 calendar days and at least seven full calendar days before your schedule, you will be required to pay 50% of the test fee. If you reschedule for less than seven calendar days, you need to pay the fees in full.
What Will Happen If You Encounter Medical Emergencies and Miss You Exam?
Unexpected circumstances may occur which will interfere with your ability to take the exam. What if there’s a medical or family emergency that happens the day of your schedule? You may be granted a new slot without any cost or a reduced fee. Of course, you will be required to provide documents supporting your claim. However, only one medical reschedule is allowed per exam.
In the event that you missed your schedule, your record will be tagged as “No Show.” You will not get any refund if you fail to take the test. When you repeat the exam, you need to rebook and repay for the test again, just like how you did it the first time.
Whether you will book an exam or reschedule it, you need to prepare yourself for taking the test. You can either review test questions on your own or get help with PTE coaching to improve your English communication skills. By reading, writing, and speaking the English language more frequently, you’ll gain more confidence in using it. This will also help you get a passing PTE score.