Book your trial class and scorecard assessment now
"*" indicates required fields
A very significant section to fetch scores under the Speaking section is the Describe Image section where the PTE Academic aspirant will have to speak aloud the description of the image flashing on your computer screen.
The Procedure Of Describing The Image
Once you get the picture to be described on your screen, you will be given 25 seconds to study it well. Make sure you pick up the important parts of what the picture is trying to convey. Take a closer look at the picture and look for minute details. Then boldly and confidently go on to talk about the picture for about 40 seconds being provided to you. Be very particular about speaking right after the “Recording” begins and finishing it before it turns to “Completed”.
- Be as loud and clear as possible.
- Avoid pauses, hesitation and fumbling while speaking as Partial Credit Scoring applies to this section so no credits for an irrelevant response or no response at all.
- Be as fluent and smooth in your speaking as possible and keep track of the rhythm, spacing and stress of the sentences being spoken in order to describe the image.
- Be very specific of your pronunciations of the words being spoken by you which must be very clear and accurate.
- Colours, numbers, shapes and sizes must be studied while preparation so that you have a definite approach in mind while appearing for this section.
If you are really blank about what is to be said about the picture then we have a back up too.
Look closely at the picture and say:-
- I have got a picture to describe in front of me.
- I have got just 40 seconds to talk a little about this image.
- Let me get a closer look at the picture.
- With a detailed closer scan, I can see several trends emerging in this picture.
- On my computer screen, I can see different numbers, sizes, colours and shapes.
- On the screen, I can see a variety of colours such as black and white.
- On my computer screen, I can see (describe the type of picture you are) which represents (read the title of the picture as it is).
- Go on to say what you can see in the image (pick up words from the image and continue to do so till you have time.)
Overall, the picture is very informative.”
- Be as organised in your description of the shown image as possible. Try keeping a brief Introduction for the section which shall be same and break your descriptions in a beginning, middle and end. This will cover up most of the important areas and benefit you in the assessment of your answer.
- Be as detailed about the main idea of the picture as possible.